Who is eligible to purchase a Habitat home?
Eligible applicants must:
- Attend a Home Ownership Orientation to receive an application
- Live in Alachua County and have lived here for 12 months or longer
- Demonstrate need for adequate shelter
- Have ability to pay a modest monthly mortgage payments
- Have a willingness to partner with Habitat
Potential homeowners are required to attend a Home Ownership Orientation meeting.
Habitat does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, handicap, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or because all or part of income is derived from any public assistance program.